Monday, January 17, 2011

Digi - "BlackBerry as a modem"

Managed to get the customer services through phone. I had explained to him the problems and started asking me my details and which package I have subscribed.

Then he checked the system data agreed that the package is included with 'BB as Modem'. He mentioned that the device need to be re booted (I don't see why need to do so) and maybe the BB desktop software need to be upgraded or re install. I said to him that I already done it. But still the same.

Anyway, I told the guy that I managed to connect to internet via bb modem by changing few setting on the device and the laptop as well. Then he said" Ooop...like that ar, so everything ok lah then". I said "not exactly". Since I've changed the APN as diginet, it will charge me every time I'm connecting to internet coz the device did not use the BIS server. "In that case, I will get back to you once we rectify your problem." He said. Lastly, I told him that I want to terminate my existing plan and change it to smart 58 plan (without BB as Modem).

Phew! So complicated. The phone technologies is much higher then our providers can cope with. That's the true...true knowledge.

Some times the problems brought up is beyond their capacity to solve.


Kamarul Hj. Sulaiman
Sent from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

Con Skaltsas said...

bro, actually its true that you need to reboot the device so that it will retrieve the update.